Maintaining your home requires repairs and replacement of various parts of the unit’s exterior. You may also want to make improvements and additions. It is the ACC Committee’s responsibility to work with you to make this a smooth process.
No structure, building, addition, deck, fence, wall, enclosure, window, exterior door, or any other exterior replacements, improvements, or alterations (visible from the exterior of the unit) are to be undertaken until a Homeowner has submitted an application and it has been approved by the ACC and the Board. The process can take up to 30 days, so please do not plan any work to start for at least one month.
Repairs and maintenance items that Homeowners are responsible for, include, but are not limited to, the following items:
1. Roof: includes eaves and gutters. You share a roof with your neighbor(s), so if the roofs are continuous, they must be replaced at the same time.
2. Siding: replacement of any rotting or damaged boards. Includes fencing between units.
3. Decks above garages: the waterproofing membrane must be kept in good repair to prevent water damage to garage, siding and brickwork.
4. Brickwork: includes chimneys and siding around your unit.
5. Windsor and doors: replaced at your discretion per Association guidelines.
6. Garage doors, floor, and apron.
7. Front decks and steps.
8. Touch-up painting: all buildings are painted every six years by the Association, and the cost is included in our Monthly Dues. You are responsible for any touch-up needed between painting cycles.
Windsor Green Association relies on all Windsor Green homeowners to accept the responsibility of maintenance, in order to preserve our aesthetics and property values. Please do not hesitate to contact
the ACC Chairperson or the Office if you have any questions!